Guido Gonzato wrote -

>abcm2ps is one of my favourite pieces of software _ever_.
>In my view, it's so good and well thought-out that the standard should
>follow it closely.

Taken together with his earlier comment that -

>other applications will have better try and follow the new standard for
>their own good.

       I find this rather alarming.  His draft standard is an excellent piece
of work which I'll read a few more time before commenting on but a standard
is meaningless without the cooperation of all those involved.  If other
developers do not have a fair opportunity to participate why should they take part?

However beautifully formed it may be and however benign in it's intentions,
an 800lb gorilla is still an 800lb gorilla.

Bryan Creer