>In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Phil Taylor
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>>It is supported, but you don't use %%midi.  For a single voice
>>tune put "transpose -24" (or just t=-24) in the K: field.
>>For multivoice tunes put it in V: fields in the header, so you
>>can transpose each voice separately.  This only affects playing.
>>
>>To do the same thing for display of music use the middle (or m=)
>>directive in the same way.  "middle d" (or m=d) will make d the
>>note which is displayed on the middle line of the bass staff
>>instead of D,.
>
>Not MORE features which have not been documented?

Discussed at great length on this list over a couple of years.

Documented in the documentation which comes with BarFly.

>Is it in the new standard then?

One of the things which I raised in my response to the new standard
is the failure to address the problem of how the pitch of symbols
is to be interpreted in the presence of clefs other than the treble.
BarFly follows the abc 1.6, 1.7 and 2.0 standards in keeping the
same correspondence between symbol and pitch regardless of which
clef is in use.  The abc2ps family of programs doesn't, changing
the pitch as the clef changes.  BarFly and Muse simultaneously
introduced these directives to fix this problem.  BarFly and Muse
can deal with files written for abc2ps et al if these directives
are added to the file.  If these directives were added to the new
standard then that solution would be available to all programs which
implemented them.

Phil Taylor