Bryan Creer commented:
| John Chambers wrote:
| > But some people might have problems figuring out how to type this. On
| > many=A0 linux=A0 and=A0 *BSD systems, you can get the copyright symbol wit=
| > the ALT-) (or ALT-SHIFT-0) combination, but I don't think=A0 this=A0 will
| > work on Windoze or Mac systems.
|
| >From the Windows Help files -
|
| >..... open Character Map by clicking Start, pointing to Programs, pointing=20
| to >Accessories, pointing to System Tools, and then clicking Character Map.=20
| >Character Map works only with Windows-based programs.=20
| >In Font, click a font.=20
| >Double-click each character you want to insert.=20
| >Click Copy.=20
| >In your document, click where you want the characters to appear.=20
| >On the Edit menu, click Paste.=20
|
| Just like that.  Easy.

So I tried it.  Got the Character Map  window,  found  the  copyright
char,  double  clicked  on it, went to another window, clicked on it,
went to the Edit menu and selected Paste ...  and a capital O with an
acute accent appeared at the cursor point in the window.

Tried it with a few other chars.  The plus-or-minus sign worked.  The
rest  gave  a different glyph than I had selected.  The Character Map
window still showed all the chars that I had selected, but  only  the
one appeared the same in the other window.