In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Arent Storm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>When trying to fit abcusers in a few groups having
>[1] abc-sightreaders (without much need for software)
>[2] abc-collectors
>[3] abc-software-only-users (1st language)
>[4] abc-as- interchange-file-format-users (2nd language)
>
>Two questions arise
>- is this a meaningful division?
>- if so, how large do we expect the groups to be?
>
>My answer to the first question is -of course- yes ;-)
>The second is the hard one my first (wild)guess would be:
> 1: <200  (1%)
> 2: <500  (3%)
> 3: >1000, <10000 (30%)
> 4: >10000  (66%) the remainder
>Any thoughts?
>
>Arent

[5] software developers

I don't expect to *use* abc format in anger as it's not where I am
musically, but I expect to understand it and serve others as I write abc
interfaces to my software.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland