I have just uploaded a new version of BarFly.

This is the first full release of the Carbon version for OS X,
and I'm now recommending that users of Classic systems 8.5 - 9.2
should also use this version (you will need CarbonLib 1.3 or
later among your active system extensions).

There are now three versions of BarFly, called Carbon, Classic
and Old.  All three versions have been updated, and all carry
version number 1.40.

Use the Carbon version on MacOS X, and on MacOS 8.5 - 9.2.
Use the Classic version almost anywhere (System 7 on).
Use the Old version on Macs with 68030 or 68040 processors
and on PC emulators which emulate this kind of processor.

New in this version:

You can now optionally have the program ignore line ends in
the abc source, placing staff breaks only where marked by
an exclamation mark (emulates ABC2Win).

You can use the ` character as a spacer in the text without
breaking beams or generating errors.

You can use the barline | and backslash-hyphen in w: fields

Plus lotsa bug fixes.

Get it from:

http://www.barfly.dial.pipex.com/download.html

Phil Taylor