On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Richard Robinson wrote:

> If I have a tune with decorations, and want to add a
> staffbreak somewhere, I'm just not going to delete
> the decorations.

Of course you won't delete the decorations!

All I am proposing is that you should be able to use
"!...!" for decorations and "*" to add staffbreaks at
the same time. Isn't that reasonable?

Of course, people who don't use any decorations can
without any problems continue to use "!" to add
staffbreaks.

So the bottom line is:  it would be nice if both "!"
and "*" could be used to notate a staffbreak. The
people who do not use !...! won't be bothered by it,
and the people who use decorations will have an easier
time.

Enjoy your weekend!

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim