On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:29:11PM +0000, John Chambers wrote:

> This is much of why unix users haven't  generally  switched
> over  to  full-time  GUI  use.  Pretty pictures are fun and
> flashy, but if you actually want  to  accomplish  something
> without  constantly gritting your teeth about the idiocy of
> the user interface, you need a command  language  that  you
> can type and that can remember things for you.

Well, yes. But it does depend what sort of things you're doing.
I'm terrifyingly geeky, according to most of my friends (though
not, of course, to a  _real_ geek), but I'd _hate_ to, eg,
edit .wav files via a cli.

But _full-time_ GUI use, of course not. Stick with the best of both
worlds.

--
Richard Robinson