On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 01:11:04PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >From Irwin's standard -
>
> > 8.3. Accidental directives
> > %%propagate-accidentals <not | octave | pitch>
> >
> > When set to not, accidentals apply only to the note
> > they're attached to. When set to octave, accidentals
> > also apply to all the notes of the same pitch in the
> > same octave up to the end of the bar. When set to
> > pitch, accidentals also apply to all the notes of the
> > same pitch in all octaves up to the end of the bar.
> >
> > The default value is pitch.
> >

>        but as Richard Robinson points our elsewhere -
>
> >All these %%whatever usages are
> >based on the point that the first character makes it a comment, and thus
> >anything behind that will be ignored by any ABC application unless it takes
> >the trouble specifically to look for it.
>
> If this one is ignored, it will affect the playback of tunes.  It is a
> necessary function but it should be part of the abc standard not part of the
> stylesheet specification.

That's my point about trying to get organised "namespaces" for these
things. We need a coherent way of organising all the "magic words" so
that people, and software, can see what sort of things they apply to
and when they can safely be ignored. (And I suppose some of those
spaces should be in the standard, and others off somewhere quieter).

--
Richard Robinson