On 1 Aug 2003, Laura Conrad wrote:

> I haven't read the new standard about multiple staves, but does it
> allow specification of bar's *between* the staves but *not* on them?
> This is something a lot of people (not me) like for early music
> that was originally published as unbarred parts. It's usually easier for
> modern players to sightread from a score which has the indication of
> where the barlines might be, but doesn't need to screw up
> representation of the note lengths.  That is, a note length that
> straddles a bar can still be represented as one note, and not two tied
> notes.

We have "invisible barline" [|] and we can specify "draw barlines between
staves". This will of course "screw up representation of the note lengths"
unless there is rule saying "draw two notes tied over an invisible barline
as one note".

What other mechanism could there be to tell the program where to draw the
barlines between staves?

Anders Wiren

[EMAIL PROTECTED]