Phil Taylor writes:
| I'm seeing some problems with the Mac version of abcm2ps (v3.6.2)
| where it hangs up on certain tunes and has to be killed.
|
| This is an example:
|
| X:32
| T:Wren's Nest, The
| C:Frankie Gavin
| R:jig
| D:De Dannan: Anthem.
| Z:id:hn-jig-32
| M:6/8
| K:Edor
| GAB ded|cAA A2c|BGE EFG|AFD AFD|GAB ded|cAA A2c|BGE AFD|1 GEE E2F:|2 GEE E2D||
| |:E2e d2B|cBA B2A|GAB ~d3|cAA BAG|E2e d2B|cBA B2A|GAB cAB|GEE FED:|
| |:B,EE GED|B,EE E2D|B,EE GAB|AFD AFD|B,EE GED|B,EE E2F|GAB cAB|1 GEE FED:|2 GEE E2F||

| (beware of line-wrap:  tune consists of three lines.)
|
| abcm2ps reports line 11 as overfull and then hangs.
|
| Is this a peculiarity of this version or is it more general?

It's peculiar to abcm2ps.  I tried  it  with  the  original
abc2ps  and  my  jcabc2ps clone (after fixing the line-wrap
problem ;-).  Both produced good postscript.

Also, when I use abcm2ps-2.11.3, it works ok.  When I  feed
it to abcm2ps-3.7.1, it actually produces the tune, but the
title is missing, and the staff is pushed  up  against  the
top of the page. I played around with a .fmt file to put it
lower on the page, but nothing I did had any effect.

It's a pretty innocent looking tune ...