I've created a tcl script that overrides the abcm2ps postscript definitions and convert some music symbols into jazz style new ones. I've used the glyphs created by David Cuny.

You can download it from:

http://abcmr.sourceforge.net

Regards,

Luis Pablo Gasparotto

David Cuny wrote:
Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

I think the best way to explain this is bringing an example.

I've mentioned this before, but you might find this of interest. I've been
working on an editor (spe.wxb) for creating PostScript instructions for
abc2ps glyphs. You can find a copy of the program here:

http://webs.lanset.com/dcuny/spe.zip

It's not complete, but the output is quite usable. There's a hacked version of
the "Sentimental Journey" demo (journey.ps) included that uses Jazz fonts
created with it by tracing Sigler's JazzFont (http://www.jazzfont.com/).

You will need a copy of wxBasic (http://wxbasic.sf.net) to run it, or if
that's too much of a hassle, I can create a stand-alone Windows executable.

It's pretty easy to create glyphs with it. You can load a reference image by choosing Reference | Open Reference Image and then trace a path around it
with Path | Create New Path. Right clicking path points toggles them between
on and off curve points. File | Write PostScript will generate a test.ps file
of the glyph, and File | Write abcm2ps Code will generate PostScript code
that is (more or less) compatible with abcm2ps.

With a bit of tweaking, it can also import simple PostScript instructions
(basically, 'curve' statements).

The project is temporarily on hold while I work on other projects, but if
there is interest in this, let me know.

-- David Cuny