From: "Frank Nordberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> It is. I'm planning to hook it up with Irish Rover (stole that idea from
> somewhere - don't remember who). Let's if anybody in the audience can
> manage to stay seated through that combo ;-)

I can't remember what song we (as "residents" at the Llandudno Folk Club)
used to follow with the Rakes of Mallow but the first group I remember
hearing doing it was a duo called Drops Of Brandy who were based (I think)
in Mold and did a bit around North Wales. One of them was a tenor banjo
player so it seemed a natural idea for me to nick when I started playing the
same instrument (although in the end, I most often played that one on G/D
melodeon). The game was always to see if you could speed it up and play
faster than the audience could clap.  It seems a bit silly looking back but
it was fun at the time.

Jon