Interesting,

I still like the idea of being able to make line breaks
not be manditory on the newline.  However, maybe there
should be a way to say that something applies to all
voices (say V:* for starters)?  Then you could write:

I:implicit_line_breaks = no
K:D
[V:S] ccAb ccA2|fdab
[V:A] ccAb ccA2|fdab
[V:*] K:G
[V:S] xdE2|c4   c4  |!
[V:A] xdE2|c4   c4  |!

which is explicit and less error-prone than having to repeat
meter and key changes in every voice.

tom

Jean-Francois Moine said:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:02:21 -0700 (MST), "Tom Satter"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       [snip]
>>Doing either one of these would give a way for people that like
>>to embed key changes, etc on new lines to do it:
>>
>>I:implicit_line_breaks = no
>>K:D
>>[V:S] ccAb ccA2|fdab
>>[V:A] ccAb ccA2|fdab
>>K:G
>>[V:S] xdE2|c4   c4  |!
>>[V:A] xdE2|c4   c4  |!
>>
>>This would give you one line with two voices with a key change in
>>the middle of the second measure.
>
> This does not work with most actual ABC programs: 'K:G' applies to
> the second voice only, and the voice S continues with 2 sharps...
>
> --
> Ken ar c'hentañ       |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
>               |               http://moinejf.free.fr/
> Pépé Jef      |               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

tom satter - or just plain old tom
(303) 543-7623 (home)