Jack Campin wrote:

> The odd thing is, here am I, more than 30 years on, sitting at
> a Power Mac 9600/200 with 384Mb of memory - whereas the 1130 had
> 32Kb, I think, and presumably ran at a few thousand instructions
> per second - but despite having a few gigabytes of software under
> the table I couldn't do the same analysis now.  I couldn't have
> imagined there'd ever be a computer you couldn't run Fortran on.

There are GNU compilers for various versions of Fortran which have been
ported to the Mac.  There are also commmercial compilers available, from
IBM, Absoft, and NAG Software, and possibly others.

Um...  That's Mac OS X, of course.  I just noticed you have a 9600, so I
don't know if you're running OS X or not.  Absoft's compiler is available
for Mac OS 9 as well, though.

-->Steve Bennett