On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Matti Picus wrote:

> While trying to analyze the tab/justification problem, I noticed that the
> MouseOver message seems to be improperly handled when the mouse is over the
> top ruler on the win32 platform.
>
> It would seem that the code designer wished to change the cursor when the
> mouse is over any ui clickable object on the ruler, including the tab
> selection box, margin sliders, and indent indicator.  This is
> non-functioning in windows.

Actually this is trivial to fix in Windows. Just implement the cursor
shapes defined in gr_Graphics and ind implemented in gr_UnixGraphics.

> 1.  Wouldn't it be preferable to support tooltips in the ruler, like
> winword does?  If the answer is yes, we need to support a general tooltip
> class in the af ...

Yes this would be cool.

> 2.  Do the cursors actually change on any other platform? The code on unix
> seems to try to change the cursors, does this work?  If the answer is yes,
> I will submit a patch to cause the topruler to change the cursor.  This
> requires some new cursor images, which I stole from the gdk toolkit
> x-cursors.xbm file.  They are quite ugly though.
>
> Pesonally, I prefer to enable tooltips.  This would give us more
> compatibility to winword, and allow comment annotation and more flexible
> user help.

Agreed. I just implemented what was easily doable. Feel free to improve
this.

Also windows needs someone to implement draging the page margin grippers
on the left ruler.

Cheers

Martin