Ok I've looked into this. It is caused by an rtf from MSWord 2000 having a
header for the section come AFTER the \secd keyword. We write out section
properties before this header comes along so the header/footer properties
of the section are not defined at this point.

I'm working on a fix for this. I'll retrospectively put the correct
header properties into the piecetable just before when the header/footer
section is appended to the document if the document does not contain a
header/footer. This should also take care the cases where the section is
defined and the same technique may enable us to recover the header/footer
information from broken *.abw which arose from this bug. It should be
fixed by Monday.

I'd like to discuss this over IRC but that port is  currently blocked on
me.

Anyway this will get fixed by me.

Cheers

Martin