--- Dom Lachowicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Adds
3 public functions (NOT methods)

> UT_String_printf(UT_String &, const char *, ...)
> UT_String_vprintf (UT_String &, const char *,
> va_list)
> UT_String_vprintf (UT_String &, const UT_String &,
> va_list)
>
> Much thanks to Christian Biesinger (biesi) for all
> of his help and
> patience and his creative alternative approach :)

This is probably good but as i18n guy I better warn
you about using char *.  Make sure you only use these
functions for *7-bit* ASCII or when you are at least
100% positive that the place you are sending your
string to is expecting the same encoding that your
char * is pointing to.  Otherwise this will be
horrible to maintain.  It would be very much
appreciated if somebody could add a comment to this
effect to the source for these functions (sorry I
can't do it myself in this internet cafe).

Thanks for your understanding.  Sorry to nitpick.

Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com