Daniel forwarded this to me. I'm sending it to the list.

Hi,

I'm not sure what's the current situation wrt grammar checking in OOo,
but I guess there's no grammar checker included yet.

I've written a simple Open source grammar checker for English as an
university project. The first version can be downloaded here:

http://www.danielnaber.de/languagetool/

I'm currently re-writing it in Pyhton, so please don't care about the
ugly Perl code. I don't claim that this is powerful -- but it's not
vaporware either, and it's extensible. It has some nice extra features
like warning a non-native speaker when he uses a false friend (a
misleading word). It's not OOo related but a standalone program with a
KOffice GUI frontend (optional). The paper that describes it is in
German only, sorry.

The reason I'm mailing you is just to let you know such a thing exists
and it will be improved. There's not much point in trying to integrate
this into OOo - yet.

Feel free to forward this to other people who might be interested (and
who might even be able to read my German paper about it).

Regards
Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de