John,

All my experience is in gas welding. My brother in law is a welding instructor and worked as a consultant for years for a large welding supply shop. He raised the issue that gas and TIG will yield good welds with practice. MIG OTOH has the ability to let relatively unskilled welders create beautiful looking welds thar are not of high quality and will not be structurally sound.

I also like the fact that with gas welding, stress relief becomes a smaller problem. One that planning and forethought can overcome without serious additional effort. Things like using a propane based torch to preheat large cluster welds.

TIG seems to be the thing for people with the cash or who have production welding plans. I still see most of the people who are building T&F from plans use Gas.

td

john benham wrote:
Hi there,
Happy holidays.
My question is what method should I use in welding a tubeular fuselage, Gas , Tig or Mig?
My skills are low in all but my feeling that is it will be easier with gas and the benefit is also that a stress relieved joint is achieved.
I look forward to the opinions of more skilled and experienced builders than myself.
John

<DIV><FONT color=#ff9933><A href="http://www.e-gold.com/e-gold.asp?cid=367490";>http://www.e-gold.com/e-gold.asp?cid=367490</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#ff0066>The oldest and safest investment</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0099ff><A href="http://www.goingplatinum.com/member/jegb";>http://www.goingplatinum.com/member/jegb</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0099ff>Free internet service,Profit from it!</FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></html>