Dear Colleagues (Reminder)

In an attempt to get more people to attend the "Monday" test session, I have
decided to run a "Audio Tuning" workshop with live demonstrations of tips and
tricks to improve audio.  This setting is designed to be interactive, so
questions can be freely asked and advice and comments from others is always
welcomed.

Given there are a number of Access Grid sites out there with slight audio
issues, this session might be useful in improving audio quality for your AG
Node!

Some of the topics covered will include:

·         Echo cancelling

·         Noise cancellation

·         Audio filtering

·         Practical testing and my personal testing methods

·         Practical advice and opinions on how different audio issues can be
resolved

Not only will I cover things like echo canceller settings (mainly clearone
devices), but I will demo what the CQU-Rockhampton AG node sounds like without
the use of these various "tricks".

The details for this session are:

When:       Today, 10th of March

Time:

            Bangkok                 8.00am

            Manila                  9.00am

            Singapore               9.00am

            Taipei                  9.00am

            Perth                  10.00am

            Seoul                  10.00am

            Tokyo                  10.00am

            Adelaide               11.30am

            Brisbane               11.00am

            Canberra               12.00pm

            Hobart                 12.00pm

            Melbourne              12.00pm

            Sydney                 12.00pm

            Auckland                2.00pm

Venue:      APAG Lobby

            (https://vv3.vislab.uq.edu.au:8000/Venues/default)

Thanks,

Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Research Systems Support Officer

Information Technology Division

Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.b...@cqu.edu.au

Work   : +61 7 4930 9229

Mobile : 0409 630897

Postal : Building 19

         Central Queensland University

         Bruce Highway

         Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702

Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,

I would have become a Doctor.