Because of multiple edits I made for the previous email, it is not so clear
as I would expect :) So putting it into different words.

It sounds that main problem of ARIA span is that, it can be used to span
the missed cells. In this case it cannot be exposed via IAccessibleTable
interface as a cell extent because cell index + cell extent should point to
the missed cell, however it points to the last cell in DOM. Jamie's
suggestion if I read it right was to put ARIA span as an object attribute
if it serves for informational proposes only, otherwise expose it via
IAccessibleTable as we do that for HTML. It sounds reasonable with me. If
there are no objections then that's the way to go I think.