Hi Tom, all,
Le 14/12/2014 22:53, Tom Davies a écrit :
> Hi :)
> L10n lists are currently having a massive argument/discussion (discussion
> is more accurate tbh) right now about the disruptive effect of minor
> changes.

The problem is minor changes, like capital letters in menu entries, that
concerns only en_US version but because this version is the source for
all the localization, this is also visible in localized versions where
it could be considered as wasted time for localizers.

> I'm not sure but i suspect that getting such a UI change within the next
> couple of days might play out ok and catch the translators before they have
> put too much time into too many strings and then finding they need to
> repeat the work.
>
> If it's not likely to be just a couple of days then it'd probably be better
> for them if this sort of change didn't happen for a few months - or
> longer.  There might be a chance of them automating something like this but
> it'd take ages to set something up and they haven't agreed on getting the
> automation bit sorted.

Shortcuts can't be automated as they are localized (Ctrl and Shift). And
the problem with automation is that we need somebody to write the
scripts ;) The same for accelerators, where we need to adapt them to
translated words.
Anyway we will have a discussion about it with developers and UX team,
once we are out of the 4.4.0 rushes.
Cheers
Sophie

--