I noted the following on the Orca mailing list recently, but others were unable to reproduce it.

The issue below is not a priority for me at the moment, but I'm reporting it here in case it can be resolved to prevent others from encountering it.

Environment: LibreOffice 24.2.4, GNOME 46.2, recent Orca version from the main Git branch, Arch Linux distribution. I also tried the version of LibreOffice available as a flatpak, with the same results.

Steps to Reproduce

1. From LibreOffice Calc or LibreOffice Writer (both tested), F10 to move focus to the menus. The File menu item is in focus, and Orca presents it.

2. Right-Arrow.

Expected Result: focus should move to the Edit menu, and subsequent left/right-arrow navigation should move among the top-level menu items.

Actual result: focus seems to move back into the document. I am unable to navigate the menus reliably. Using the Alt key with various letters does bring focus to the respective top-level menu items.

I also tried obliterating my LibreOffice configuration under ~/.config/libreoffice, but with the same outcome.

I can perform further testing, if desired.