From: "Kiran Kaja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:47 AM
Subject: [AI] Soon, only passengers can enter railway platforms

I don't know what will happen to some of us who want to travel alone on
trains. I really doubt if Railway officials will offer any assistance as
airlines do in finding our compartment or seat.

July 29, 2006 17:15 IST

In the wake of the Mumbai blasts, the railway ministry has decided to
introduce strict security measures in stations to ensure that only
passengers enter
railway platforms.

"After the Mumbai blasts, we are now introducing strict security measures at
the stations. Only bona fide passengers will be allowed on the platforms.
Seeing-off
will have to take place outside," Railway Minister Lalu Prasad said while
inaugurating the country's first multi-modal transport system at NSC Bose
International
Airport in Kolkata.

Other measures include installation of close circuit televisions inside the
stations for round-the-clock vigil, installation of metal detectors at all
entry
points and an increase in the dog squads to ensure better security check on
carriage and railway property, he said.

To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with