Please varify that 1. allow authentication check box is checked under
the server page of the account properties. 2. under the advanced page of
the properties the smtp port number should be 465 and 3 the SSL check
box next to the port number is also checked.

Yogesh Gupta wrote:
> dear members i am facing problem in outlook express. while i am able to
> recieve messages through it of my gmail acount it showes the following error
> message
> while sending them with the same acount. "The connection to the server has
> failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
> if any one could tell me the possible reasons for this kind of message and
> the ways to correct it. i will be very thankful.  regards
> To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the subject
> unsubscribe.

best of regards
Aruni
Ph: +91 522 404-2921. cel: +91 933-584-4700
EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo: aruni100
msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
skype: aruni_sharma