can we have his e mail i.d.

----- Original Message -----
From: "rajesh asudani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:38 PM
Subject: [AI] `Special' teacher works wonders

> `Special' teacher works wonders
>
> Staff Reporter
>
> Converts Urdu, civics into Braille script
>
> CLASS APART: Mohd. Mahboob.
>
> Hyderabad: The Government turning a Nelson's eye is nothing new. But
surprisingly, it is being blind to the needs of a visually-challenged
teacher. Mohd.
> Mahboob, a Secondary Grade teacher of Government Primary School, B.K.
Guda, has been representing the authorities for providing the lessons to him
in the
> Braille script. But his pleas have fallen on deaf ears.
>
> However, the undeterred 41-year old teacher, who is blind by birth, has
prepared the lessons in Braille script himself. Of course, at great pain and
cost.

> Mr. Mahboob who teaches classes IV and V has converted Urdu, civics and
social studies texts in the Braille script. "I am trying to write the other
subjects
> too in this language," he says, showing the Urdu text.
>
> Scores of teachers
>
> He was among the scores of teachers who were presented awards by the
Hyderabad Collector R.V. Chandravadan on Tuesday on the occasion of Teachers
Day.

> Rasheed Ahmed, headmaster of the B.K. Guda school, guided him to the dais.
"He has been a great source of encouragement to me. But for him, I wouldn't
have
> been in the position I am today," remarked an emotional Mahboob.
>
> After completing his matriculation from the Government High School for
Blind, Dar-us-Shifa, Mr. Mahboob graduated from the Anwarul Uloom College
and did
> teachers training. During this period he lost his parents and faced
financial straits.

> But he remained positive in his outlook and got a teacher's job in 1997.
"Lack of vision has never been a handicap. And I don't have any inferiority
complex
> either," he says.

please visit the list home page at