george

can we stop govt from using category of blindness in recruitment like low
vision, partially blind etc as it is not reflected in pwd act

similarly for hearing impaired and ortho legs and arm

it is illegal and people are prevented from applying

hence high court in bombay put a clamp on all recruitments till handicapped
is filled...

tushar

On 9/27/06, George Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I have been nominated onto the stearing committee of the 11th Five Year
> Plan
> for Social Welfare.  Now Social Welfare covers the affairs  of persons
> with
> disability.
>
> The Stearing Committee delebrates on the proposals given by the Working
> Committees.  The Working Committee has been broken up into  ten thematic
> sub
> groups. The ten themes are as under
>

> 1. HRD
> 2. Education
> 3. Research
> 4. Science and Technology
> 5. Health and Rehabilitation
> 6. Legislation
> 7. Barrier Free environment
> 8. Social Security and Social Integration
> 9. Employment
> 10. Govt Schemes
>
> It would be extremely useful if  you folks could  put on your thinking
> caps
> and share with me  ideas,  views and recommendations that could be put in
> as
> proposals for the 11th Plan.    Try and apply your minds to each of  the
> ten
> themes.  Please remember that the 11th  Plan would determine the policy
> and
> action  regarding our affairs  for the next Five years.  This is the time
> to raise our voices.
>
> I believe that  we are looking for a paradime shift in the way the Govt
> looks at Disability.   I am   expecting from you
> guys  recommendations  and
> suggestions from  the Vision Impaired point of view.
>
> You can send me your inputs  privately on
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> or
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Try and send  in your inputs by the 1st of October, 2006.
>
> This is a very serious opportunity we have to try and influence Govt plans
> and policy.  So let us try and make the most of it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> George
>
> George Abraham
> C.E.O.
> Score Foundation
> 125B, Shahpur Jat
> New Delhi 110049.
> India.
>
> Ph: 91-11-26494581, 91-11-26494582
> Mobile: 9810934040
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Website: www.eyeway.org
>

> To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] the subject unsubscribe.

tushar s kansara

303, shalaka, telli galli cross lane, andheri east, mumbai 400069

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]