On 10/30/06, Dinesh Kaushal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Anubha,
>
> BPO stands for Business Process outsourcing. so it may include anything
> which a business does i.e. HR functions, accounting, collection or customer
> care. Mostly call centers are outsourced due to the fact that it does not
> make much difference to the end users with regard to what location you are
> calling.
>
> company's strategy usually is to outsource the supporting functions of a
> business and focus on the core issue. So if you are in a business of selling
> chocolates, you would not like to be dragged in day to day operations of
> managing salaries and maintaining the account books. You would rather like
> to focus your attention on getting the best chocolates and ensuring that you
> are providing what your buyers actually need.
>
> So a credit card company may outsource billing and collection and focus on
> increasing their customer base and ensuring the current customer
> satisfaction.
>
> However some companies also outsource core functions, such as some news
> papers are outsourcing article writing, and online research, but they then
> get resources to focus on issues which can not be done offline or need
> special attention i.e. the reporter has to be at the location where the
> event happens or conducting the interviews of celebrities can only be done
> by very expert people.
>
> The following list is not exhaustive, but it may provide you some idea.
>
> Call centers (receiving calls [ticket booking for airlines, tech support for
> tech companies, customer care for credit card and banking companies,
> insurance companies, and other types of customers], telemarketing and
> medical transcription.
>
> Hr (salary slips, attendance, and other employee services)
>
> Following are considered knowledge process outsourcing
>
> Legal work also called Legal Process outsourcing (LPO), financial research
> of companies, and journalism.
>
> These days even medical advice is being outsourced and a few days back I
> read that people are also providing teaching services from remote locations.
>

> about nature

Hello Dinesh,
Thanks a million for providing me with all such detailed information
about BPO.  It's really very helpful & I'm indeed extremely grateful
for all yr invaluable help.
Could u also pls let me know if there are any other types of BPO WORK,
besides medical transcription & teaching which can be done by a
visually impaired person online or offline with the help of a computer
sitting at home?
Looking forward to be in receipt of yr reply soon
Thanking u in anticipation.  With best regards.   ANUBHA.