Hi vetri, you are absolutely right. Google has completely failed to
address the accessibility issues as far as google talk is concerned.
Actually there is a status box in the main GT window. one can use  this
control to change status and also sign out. This is one of the very few
instances of total inaccessibility. One rarely comes across such
controls which cannot be accessed even by using jaws cursor. In such a
situation the only way to sign out is the one you have suggested.

regards,
Aruni.
Home Page: http://aruni100.googlepages.com
Ph: +91 522-4042921. mob: +91 933-584-4700
msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
yahoo: aruni100
skype: aruni_sharma