-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vetrivel
Murugan Adhimoolam
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:50 AM
To: Geetha Shamanna; accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] An Eye-Opener

***********************
No virus was detected in the attachment no filename

Your mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.
***********************

I think that the writer's position should be traced back to the existing

social structure which considers certain jobs as inferior to others.
This is
true of not only Indian society, but also of other so called developed
countries where socially, racially and culturally marginalized people
occupy
jobs that are considered as undignified. Needless to point out that
certain
jobs of the visually impaired people are also brought under this
umbrella.
So the change has to be at the ideological level.