-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of srini vasan
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 8:43 PM
To: Accessindia
Subject: [AI] Suggestion Needed.

Hello Friends,

I bought an Intel D865GBF motherboard and a 2.4 ghz intel processor from
a famous computer reseller in Chennai. I got 3 years warranty for that
motherboard and for the processor as well from the date of purchase,
that was on 4th June, 2005.

Now the problem is, my motherboard went out of order and the vendor says
that it has to be replaced. Meanwhile, he also said that Intel is saying
since there is no production of the above model motherboard, they are
willing to payback 78$ to their customers instead of replacing it.

My question is, whether I can ask them to get back their processor as
well? since that can be fixed with that type of motherboard alone.
Apparently, while I was asking this question to my vendor, he replied
that Intel has refused to pay for the processor, since it is in working
condition.

I'm really confused and got frestrated now. Can I go to the consumer
redressal forum for this event?

Awaiting for your suggestions.

Regards,

Cheenu.