hello kanchan
  i fully aggree with the guide lines suggested by you.
i wish that all the states should follow the same.
  dattu agarwal
Pamnani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  AccessIndia friends,

After considering all the suggestions and after discussing with the State's
Advocate here is the final set of guidelines. Please go through them and
revert latest by 11 am on Monday.

Mr. Warunjikar,

Please check these guidelines and revert.

Kanchan

Guidelines for Appointment and Availing facility of Scribe

1. That the scribe/writer should either be provided by the examining
authority or be arranged by the candidate himself/herself at the discretion
of the candidate.

2. Any attempt of cheating can be curved by ensuring proper supervision and
vigilance by the invigilators.

3. Considering the practical problems, it is necessary that if the scribe is
provided by the examination conducting authorities, such authorities must
ensure the competence of the scribe.

4. The recruiting authorities should make it very clear in the advertisement
it self regarding availability of writers.

5. The Candidate should furnish in the application form it self that he/she
would like to avail the facility of writer from the examining body or he
himself would arrange for the writer.

6. The examining body should identify the scribes/writers and make the
panels at district/Division or state level as per requirement of
examination.

7. The Panels of scribe should be as per requirement of the
stream/discipline eg. Arts, Commerce, Science & Mathematics, Engineering,
Medical etc. and only eligible scribes be included in the panel.

8. It is desirable that the candidate and the scribe are from the same
stream.

9. That the scribe/ writer should be one grade junior in academic
qualification than the candidate if from the same stream. However, this
condition shall not apply if the scribe/writer is from a different stream.

10. No other restriction should be imposed.

11. Refreshments, if any to scribes/writers should either be served before
or after the examination

12. Candidate and scribe should be provided with full information about the
duration of the examination.

13. Additional time

i. for a written test of duration of 1 hour at least 20
minutes extra time should be allotted.

ii. Similarly for written tests involving more than one or
less than one hour extra time should be worked out on the basis of 20
minutes per one hour criteria.

14. Proper sitting arrangement are made before commencement of the
examination so as to avoid confusion and distraction.

15. Sitting arrangements for the dyslexic, blind physically handicapped and
spastic candidates are made on the ground floor, as far as possible.

16. Alternative questions must be provided in cases where the original
question contains visual elements and/or require the candidate to interpret
or produce such visual elements.However the candidate may elect to answer
the original question.

17. Blind candidates have the facility to write answers in Braille or on a
computer or a typewriter . The answer paper in Braille should be evaluated
by the expert/examiners in Braille script.

18. The SSC/HSC Boards, Universities, all educational institutions and all
recruiting authorities should follow these instructions scrupulously.

Kanchan Pamnani
Advocate & Solicitor
9, Suleman Chambers,
Battery Street, Colaba,