Now Internet on mobile 24x7, thanks to Star

Star India has launched an internet facility for mobile users, especially
targeted at small-end and rural users. The new mobile application termed PLUS
is at present available for free and is accessible on Hutch, Idea, BPL, BSNL,
Spice and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited.

"Star India is aiming at a small-end user with a high-end handset to explore
the range of internet without a computer and access the net for free," Viren
Popli, senior vice president, Star India Mobile Entertainment, told PTI.

"The facility we hope will benefit all mobile users but we are targeting the
rural user," Popli said, adding "the repertoire of data is quite large."

"Mobile users can try out the deal for a month for free and if they choose to
stay with it we will charge a minimal monthly subscription of Rs 30 for PLUS,"
Popli said.

A myriad avenues can be explored on PLUS which is "a one-stop gateway to
entertainment, information and services," Yash Khanna also of Star India said.

Star has effected a two-way tie up with data providers and mobile service
providers, including Hutch, BSNL, Idea, BPL, Spice and MTNL who will make PLUS
available to their users.

"So far it is a Rs 15 crore (Rs 150 million) investment by Star India," he
said. The PLUS bouquet includes synopses of T V serials, video clippings, MTV
and other music videos, banking data, travel data and news, sports and
entertainment updates. "It is the largest repertoire in India."
© Copyright 2007 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of
PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited
without the prior written consent.

http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/apr/26star.htm

Vikas Kapoor,
MSN ID: