What you are talking is very much different Sudhir.
Please understand some basic concepts before you start calculating your
internet speed.
1. When we measure our internet speed in KbPS, it means kilo bits per
second, whereas, when you download or upload something, your browser shows
you the speed again in KBPS which would means Kilo Bytes per second. Now
since one byte is =to 8 bits, your download speed would always be 8 times
less than your actual internet speed. So for example, if your internet speed
is 256 KbPS, your download speed would be at least 32 KBPS. and if for
example your internet speed is 2 MbPS, your download speed should be at
least 250 KBPS. You might have certainly noticed, that when KBPS is written
in terms of internet speed, then the letter B is written in small while all
other letters are written in capital letters, while when your browser shows
your the download or upload speed all letters are written in capital letters
including the letter B. so small b refers to bits while capital B would
refer to Byte.
2. Now what I meant in my previous mail does not relate to any of the
concepts discussed above. A connecting speed is generally refers to the
speed, which your device can have at the maximum rate. That is why when you
connect your net through some LAN card, you would often hear jaws announcing
"speed: 100MbPS, because your LAN can support maximum up to hundred MbPS,
but your actual speed is not hundred MbPS. So in order to calculate the
actual internet speed, just start downloading something and whatever speed
it shows, just multiply with 8. Or, just go to any internet calculating
speed sites and there in you can measure your actual internet speed, but
again that would largely depend upon the distance of your measuring server.
remember, the closer the server, the better and more accurate results would
be.
Regards,
Vikas Kapoor,
MSN+Yahoo+Skype ID: dl_vikas,