hello there!

Just in case you're interested--The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment,
Govt. of IIndia is holding a consultative meeting on the amendments to be made
in the existing Pwd Act. The said meeting, I understand, is for the northern
and central India; and it is being held in Delhi on the 14th of August next.
This will be followed by a similar meeting for the Western zone of the country;
but the date for that meeting is yet to be finalised. In case, you are
interested, you may like to explore the possibility of getting invited with the
concerned ministry. I personally feel that since this act has direct
implications on our lives as blind persons, we need  to actively participate
and significantly contribute to the exercise; and for this, to my mind, it
would be expedient if we do our homework well. Here, we can only ill afford to
lose sight of the fact that any amendments in the said Act will have to be in
consonance with the UN Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities.

In the meantime, The disability rights group led by Javed Abedi is also
organising a national level meet on the said Convention in Delhi on the 27th
and 28th instant. You may like to contact him for further information on this.

Cheer up!

Warmly,

Prasanna Kumar Pincha.