Vidhya,

Instead you should try to get the soft copies of the research papers.
I too had to read lots of research papers for my PhD.  Now a days
almost all the papers are available on line.  If you can't buy all of
them, you can get into touch with someone who has the access to such
resources through their library.

G. Vamshi
Mobile: +91 9949349497
Skype: gvamshi81