thanks for the prompt reply friends. first of all, the university rule
book doesn't say anything about giving second chance to the students
who failed in the ph.d course-work. I discussed this thing with my
supervisor, he simply said that he didn't fail me. he also told me
that it is up to the faculty who failed me to give me second chance.
but, prof Madhava Prasad is very adamant and doesn't want to give give
second chance. when I asked him write something in favor of me, he
said that he didn't want to do clerical work. I was also informed that
the controller of examinations has prepared a letter to cancel my
admission. everybody is simply quoting the rule book.

regards
Satyapriyanka