You are right Rajesh sir, We should not critesize such things. rather
we should apriciate. But government is yet unable to involve actual
practitioners in accessibility awareness and implementation planning
what i know. We are aproaching to them. But know any reply from their
side. We came to know after the happening of events.

Font changing option feature is only 1 aspect of web accessibility.
There are lot many things to be taken care. I couldn't yet understand
about audio options for images. Can any buddy explain me?

Why government officers who are involved in accessibility awareness
get aquented with GIGW and ministry of urban development guidelines
for built infrastructure. If they know it then why they make such
meaningless statements in media.

Regards

On 9/16/15, Amar Jain <amarjain2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Praise in public and criticize in private is the best formula for
> individuals. Looks like for entities and Government it should be the
> reverse.
>
> But let us for a minute appreciate that they are coming up with
> something of this kind. Even if they are able to make the publicly
> used services accessible like India Post, it is appreciable.
>
> It is the time for the stakeholders to give them sensible inputs. The
> future progress of this campaign will give us a clear picture as to
> how the representatives of this field have discharged their
> responsibilities while giving the inputs.
>
> In an ideal scenario, I would expect the organizations to come forward
> and keep the active group of this kind informed about such events, and
> initiate a consultative process before any representations or inputs
> are being given to them. No comments about BPA in this case as I have
> no idea of their functioning and their representatives.
>
> Mr. Jain's statement makes it more confusing to me as to how do they
> understand accessibility. What audio options and large fonts they are
> talking about.
>
> Ministry of Corporate Affairs has links to enhance the size of the
> fonts, they have the skip to main content links, (they work or not
> that is secondary), but their main content is by and large
> inaccessible. So if they include audio for image verification, does it
> mean that they become accessible!
>
> Regards,
>  --
> Amar Jain.
> Website: www.amarjain.com

Dhananjay Bhole,
coordinator,
Accessibility research group,
Department of Education and Extension,
Savitribai Phule Pune University,
Ganesh Khind road,
Pune 411007.
Email: drbh...@unipune.ac.in
Website: http://www.unipune.ac.in/atbslc
PH: +912025601352
Telephax: +912025601301
cell:+919850123212

"through difficulties and problems, god gives us opportunities to
learn and grow" Dr.Kalam