-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Harish Kotian
Sent: 23 September 2007 22:11
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] bar code reader

Hi Mufi, Ashish & Anjali

They are 2 different products.

1 Talking bar code reader: It is a small hand held device which captures the
bar coded information and speaks it aloud by a software voice synthesizer.
It is microprocessor driven like a palm top.

2 Talking signage: It consists of 2 devices, a transmittor which gives out a
prerecorded information like a toilet entrance etc. The second is a small
reciever carried by blind person, when one comes in close proximity of the
transmittor, you hear it through the reciever like a radio. It is not micro
processor driven.

I think the NFB Kurzweil reader also has bar code reading capability.

Harish