Hi,

You are comparing apples to oranges. Kurzweil 1000 is a program meant
specifically for the blind while fineReader is a mainstream application. The
k1k uses FineReader internally. However, as far as I know, Abbyy keeps its
SDK(s) one version behind the current version of the OCR. Much depends on your
workflow. For example, if you need to scan read simultainously, then go for the
k1k. If you are ok with scanning in batches, then go for FineReader. The other
problem I have noticed is that at times, FineReader interprets material such as
screenshots as graphics. The k1k does not do this.

My vote would be for the k1k with a camera scanner.

Pranav