Avinash,

Thank you for sharing this report.

I think it is worth mentioning here that Missionaries of Charity now
officially announced that they are against the policy of adoption by single
parents. They have denied children to single people before as well. And as
far as this group's attention is required, they denied adoption of children
to persons with disabilities as well. I have raised this issue and talked
about these instances in several meetings/seminars mentioning this is
directly against UNCRPD's article on Right to family life. However, the
issue did not get much attention of activists or researchers.

With regards
Shampa Sengpta