As far as I know, if one eye has  normal vision, then the person is not
entitled to be certified as disabled.

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Akash Gupta
Sent: 07 November 2015 19:40
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Faking Disability: UPSC

hi kanchan,
Recently I have come to know that in banking sector many visually
impaired are working with a certificate of 40 percent disability and
without any assistance  neither technological nor human. My question
is that if a candidate has one eye 100 percent blind and second one 6
by 6 vision, whether  he will be eligible for certificate of 40
percent disability.

On 06/11/2015, Kanchan Pamnani <kanchanpamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is great work from Karnataka- verification of the certificates and
> action against doctors.  I hope this clean up continues
> On another   note :
> UPSC gave 14 VI  placements recently. Out of these  only 3 had used writers
> in their exams.
> Out of the 11 -2 have been found not to be disabled and will or must have by
> now lost their placements. 2 others on the waiting list will be given jobs.
> This was found only after a secondeye test.
> What about the 9 others -Were they really disabled
> If you are 40% disabled and you don’t need a writer then do you need the
> reservation?
> If I go back to my school exams- I must have always been 50% or more
> disabled I could have done with extra time. I didn’t need a writer nor would
> I have needed reservation.
> Is it not time to lobby out of this 40% disablement for entitlements.
> When you are told that Mr. X who has a 40% disability has come to the
> examination centre by driving his own car should you not complain to the
> authorities. I know that this does not cover the people who are hiding their
> ability and pretending to be disabled.
> Kanchan

With Warm Regards,
Akash Gupta
Rajasthan
Skype: akash.gupta2412

----
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.
By "Helen Keller".
------