I agreed Avinash
No buddy gives importance to the issues of persons with disabilities
in India. It was not even raised during election as if we don't have
voting rights. All though our number is considerable but We are not
consentrated vote bank in any specific region.

One sad thing i would like to share about media that on last sunday PM
modi talked about persons with disabilities in his man ki bat. He also
talked about making barrier free environment in the country through
Accessible India Campaign. But none of the media  channel gave
coverage in last 2 days. They can show silly things for more than 2
weeks, create artificial issues but cannot spend 2 minutes to cover
real issues of persons with disabilities. Shame on Indian media on
nigative journalism. We face challenges in every walks of life such
that some time i feel that i am still fully dependant on others in
independant nation. I contacted several times  to media, shared
genuine issues of national interest and requested them to show
something on accessibility and disabilities on 15th october, third
december, 4th january, 9th may etc . But no buddy took interest. Is it
not intolerance?

I think some of us must contest election at least in sivic bodies so
that we can raise our voice.

Regards

On 11/27/15, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is an interlinkage between disability and intolerance in India.
> Do we ever hear any hue and cry? From the family members  to the
> parliamentarians leave no stone unturned in expressing contempt for
> our existence. Some say ‘we are burden on them’, others scorn by
> excoriating our visibility in the public life. We are invisible
> sufferers cause we don’t have political actors to act in the theatre
> of Indian polity. Its all about number game…
>
> --
> Avinash Shahi
> Doctoral student at Centre for Law and Governance JNU

Dhananjay Bhole,
coordinator,
Accessibility research group,
Department of Education and Extension,
Savitribai Phule Pune University,
Ganesh Khind road,
Pune 411007.
Email: drbh...@unipune.ac.in
Website: http://www.unipune.ac.in/atbslc
PH: +912025601352
Telephax: +912025601301
cell:+919850123212

"through difficulties and problems, god gives us opportunities to
learn and grow" Dr.Kalam