Hi All,

Since the threat has generated a huge response, I thought to come-in,
although I am not specifically writing for Vidhya's project because I
have no background.

Anyways I wanted to throw light on inaccessibility issues and one of
the recent issues I have come across is the 2-factor authentication
methods.

As far as software tokens are concerned, based on my one-time personal
experience with various banks, I don't think software tokens are big
issue really. Be it a mobile app or be it a Windows file to import for
generating the codes, by and large they seem accessible and usable.

My concern is about the hardware devices. Although there are not many
banks which are offering this, but I know for sure that Axis offers a
touch device, SBI had started offering state bank secure hardware
token on trial basis (not sure if it is rolled out now), but I have
not had comfortable experience with any of the hardware tokens in
figuring out the codes.

In an interesting move, Axis Bank had very recently officially
announced the launch of its "Display  Debit Card", which apart from an
EMV chip also contains touch screen and a button to generate a code. I
have not yet experienced this product personally, but informally I
understand that this is not useful for us.

Are there any consumers on the list who have had any experiences with
these devices and if so what is the current state of accessibility?

Another challenge on some banks has been the pre-login authentication.
For instance, HDFC will soon launch a music based logo on its
netbanking, ATMs, point-of-sail terminals, among others. Which is
unique in its own way.  Some banks have had captcha issues on login
screen including new accounts setup for HDFC which cannot be solved
using add-on like Webvisum.

Looking forward for qualitative inputs from everyone.

Amar Jain.
Website: www.amarjain.com