The same problem with me. IR is not issuing pass to 75% even both eyed Blind
persons who can not see less than 3-4 feet.this is injustice with us.
On Sun, 31/1/16, SHANKAR DIGUVAPALLI <shankar.diguvapa...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: [AI] pass is issued only for 5 years only
 To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
 Date: Sunday, 31 January, 2016, 3:01 PM

 indian railways is issueing pass only
 for 5 years only again to renew
 it we should go to d.r.m. office which will creat troubles
 for us

 On 1/31/16, sazid shaik <ashwaqahmed....@gmail.com>
 wrote:
 > in my view railway will issue pass for only completly
 blind only.  As
 > they do not know technically.  for example I am
 suffering from RP 6
 > years back i can identify things at that time i faced
 lot of problems
 > for getting concession certificate.
 >
 > regard,
 > sazid
 >
 > On 1/31/16, SHANKAR DIGUVAPALLI <shankar.diguvapa...@gmail.com>
 wrote:
 >> dear list members resently i had visited d.r.m.
 office at guntakallu
 >> in andhrapradesh to get permanent railway pass for
 the visually
 >> disabled persons. there they issued passes only for
 the persons who
 >> are 100 percent blind. when i asked the reason why
 they are not
 >> issueing pass for people with low vision the answer
 they gave me was
 >> that if some one donates eyes then the visually
 disabled persons would
 >> recover sight. i felt that the answer was
 rediculous. friends if
 >> anyone have the set of guidelines for issueing
 railway pass please
 >> share with me. with regards.
 >>

 >> Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for
 discussing accessibility
 >> of
 >> mobile phones / Tabs on:

 >> To change your subscription to digest mode or make
 any other changes,

 >> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise,
 reflect the thinking of
 >> the
 >> person sending the mail and AI in no way relates
 itself to its veracity;

 >> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any
 commission/omission based on the
 >> mails
 >> sent through this mailing list..
 >>

 > Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for
 discussing accessibility of

 > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any
 other changes, please

 > 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise,
 reflect the thinking of the
 > person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself
 to its veracity;

 > 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission
 based on the mails
 > sent through this mailing list..

 Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing
 accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:

 To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other
 changes, please visit the list home page at