Though I have no experience of working at a medical shop or any shop for
that matter. But have been observing medical shops for sometime and some
thoughts:

I have noticed, at medical shops, generally, when we ask for a medicine,
they look at the availability on their computer and say Yes or No... So
this is easy but rather difficult part is most of the times, customers just
handover slip and shop keeper has to read and figure out what the medicine
that is prescribed. In my opinion, there is no possible solution yet unless
doctors provide printed prescription and not hand written.

So once you know the medicine either from customer or someone at your shop,
you can check in the computer and your computer program may also have a
shelf number what that medicine is placed.

Also, I'm not sure if apps like Be my friend could read written
prescriptions. They may surely be able to read label on the medicine. And
generating invoice, collecting the amount should not be a problem.

Perhaps to start with, you may take care of stocking, accounts, payments
etc., at the store and with some innovative ideas, you may solve other
problems too. I know practically it may not be really easy; but you won't
fail either.

Best of luck,
Srinivasu

Regards,

Srinivasu Chakravarthula - Twitter: http://twitter.com/CSrinivasu/
Website: http://www.srinivasu.org

Let's create an inclusive web!

Sr. Accessibility Consultant, Deque
Hon. Joint Secretary, The National Association for the Blind, Karnataka
Branch