B M C disability survey

This is a newsitem I  read in yesterday's Times of India on Page 8

"BMC Disability Survey

 The BMC will be carrying out a disability survey beginning April 5.
Enumerators will be surveying by house-to-house visits and collecting
information of disable persons about disability certificates and other
information."

Please see that proper information is given by you and your family and
please tell your friends too.

These surveys are very useful for advocacy and for changing the systems.
They form the basis of allocation of resources.

However these surveys must be properly done. We as stake holders need to
cooperate, disclose information and proactively ensure that proper data is
recorded.

We cannot hide our disability and we should encourage others to disclose
theirs. Lets get out of the mindset that disability is a stigma.

Kanchan