Dear all,
This incidence was indeed dreadful and I would never call it an interesting
but, I do agree that we cannot generalize such occurrence in one particular
state only. Don’t know how many of the disabled, specially persons with visual
impairment, confront such unfortunate issues in their life. Even in Delhi I
have observed people staying with the thoughts that visually impaired are
beggars and cannot afford in auto and other things. Gradually, we can see
changes in the attitude of the sighted people but yes, we have still lot of
things to do in terms of making this society aware.
Don’t mind friends, but truth is that if not everything but at least something
is in our hand to get respect in our society and culture. The example given by
Mr. Subramani is great and can help in making the people realize that visually
challenged are also human being. It is totally unfair to specify the name of
beggar with a disabled person. In my opinion, If you conduct any survey, we
will come to know that sighted are more beggars in numbers as compare to
visually impaired person, however, these uninformed and oblivious citizens
failing to recognize the reality.
”people don’t know the ability of the visually impaired people in Bangalore.”
Well I would differ here! The same approach towards disabled persons can be
observed in all part of the Country. But yes, one more thing I would like to
opine that speaking good English, Hindi or any other language doesn’t mean that
you are an educated person unless you understand the things clearly  and behave
with others in well manner like a human being should be, not like animal.
Anyways, if the person standing in front of you is not aware of our disability
and ability, then it must be our own effort to make him or her aware. They
would understand or not, that is not sure and different matter but we have to
do this for sure!
Individuals, communities, NGO’s, come together and act now!

--
Warm regards,

Amit Bhatt
Spokesperson - Indian Association of the Blind
New Delhi, India
IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Windows Live: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: amitbhattindia

“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much"-Helen Keller