Today, that is on 12th May 2016 Pranjal was interviewed on ABP Maza at ten-thirty PM. She gave the interview in Marathi. I heartily congratulate her on her gletering successProfessor Shyam M. Sayanekar. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Prashant Naik" <pran...@gmail.com> To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>; "sayeverything" <sayeveryth...@sayeverything.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:07 PM
Subject: [AI] Pranjal Patil - Visually-impaired Ulhasnagar girl cracks IAS in maiden attempt

Dear List,

I am so pleased to share this news with you all. Pranjal, our Xavier’s and
XRCVC student achieved great success.  I still remember her entry to
college for F.Y.B.A. (Political science) in the year 2007 and my computer
teaching to her with JAWS.  She is calm in nature but very very determined
and also excellent with her studies.   My heartiest congrats to Pranjal.

Here is a news story from today’s DNA newspaper.

By NAVEETA SINGH | Thu, 12 May 2016-07:15am , DNA

Source:
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-visually-impaired-ulhasnagar-girl-cracks-ias-in-maiden-attempt-2211517

Born with a weak eyesight, Patil lost her vision completely when she was
just six, but till then she had made up her mind to be an Indian
Administrative Services (IAS) officer someday.

Where there's a will, there's a way and 26-year-old Pranjal Patil, a
visually-impaired Ulhasnagar resident, has proved it right by clearing the
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exams and getting an All-India
ranking of 773.

Born with a weak eyesight, Patil lost her vision completely when she was
just six, but till then she had made up her mind to be an Indian
Administrative Services (IAS) officer someday. And today she is living the
dream. "I just want to celebrate this moment. Let this feeling sink in
first," said Patil, who is currently in Delhi.

Born with a weak eyesight, Patil lost her vision completely when she was
just six, but till then she had made up her mind to be an Indian
Administrative Services (IAS) officer someday.

Where there's a will, there's a way and 26-year-old Pranjal Patil, a
visually-impaired Ulhasnagar resident, has proved it right by clearing the
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exams and getting an All-India
ranking of 773.

Born with a weak eyesight, Patil lost her vision completely when she was
just six, but till then she had made up her mind to be an Indian
Administrative Services (IAS) officer someday. And today she is living the
dream. "I just want to celebrate this moment. Let this feeling sink in
first," said Patil, who is currently in Delhi.

She is now awaiting her posting. "I do not know what they (UPSC) will give
me. But whatever it is I am up for the challenge," said the feisty girl
from Ulhasnagar.

To fulfil her ambition of becoming an IAS officer, Patil did not let her
lost vision discourage her. Though her schooling was in braille, she did
her graduation in political science from Mumbai's St. Xavier's College and
did her Master of Arts in International relations from Delhi's Jawaharlal
Nehru University (JNU). "In my education technology played an important
role. I got this software installed on my computer which would read out
chapters from various books for me," she said.

Though she always nursed this ambition, she started studying seriously for
UPSC from last year. "I love to read and the entire process of academics
excites me. I studied on my own and took test series from ALS academy in
Delhi," she said.

Although it is difficult for people to clear UPSC in one attempt, Patil did it. "There were times when I was marred with doubts and disbelief regarding
my ambition that. I think that when you have doubts, then only you get
motivated," concluded the 26-year-old.

End of article.