Bhopal: While another batch of Class 12 meritorious students received
laptops from chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan two days ago, 15
visually impaired students from Rewa are still waiting to get back
their laptops for past one year. Administration and social welfare
department took back their laptops a year ago after officers
highlighted a major mismatch in prices.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/Year-on-blind-students-wait-to-get-laptops-back/articleshow/53881641.cms
.

.
At present, social justice department served show-cause notice to an
official from the department in Rewa, who was found responsible for
distributing cheaper laptops to 15 blind students with higher rate tag
after the administration conducted an inquiry into the matter.Inquiry
report highlighted anomalies in laptop distribution. It was found that
laptops, which were given to students were of Rs 17,000, but a sticker
showed price tag of Rs 32,000 pasted on sets.
.

.
 On some laptops, cheaper prices were scratched before pasting stickers.

.

.
Social justice department launched scheme of laptops distribution
after a decision to this effect by the state government, who later
asked MP small industries corporation to supply laptops to official in
Rewa. After receiving laptops in March 2015, students drew attention
to absence software that could help them study on laptops. When
questioned, commissioner Ajit Kumar, said, "A show-cause notice to
official was served. Moreover, we are in touch with MP State
Electronics Development Corporation (MPSEDC), which will make laptops
available with good quality software for these students. We don't want
to take any risk now." Students, who gave back laptops are pursuing
technical courses. They said, it has been over one year and we are
still waiting for our laptops. Authorities said they will do it as
soon as possible.

--
Avinash Shahi